Monday, June 19, 2006

I'm Not Dead Yet

I know, I know, and I'm sorry. I really didn't mean to slack off quite so spectacularly. It seems real life has been a thorn in the side of everyone lately... and by everyone, I mean my favorite bloggers and myself.

Yes, real life has got me by the short and curlies. Lots of changes going on. Some are exciting, some are just scary, but they are all managing to consume a whole lot of time.

Also, the future of this site is in question. It would seem that I may not be living in Central New York much longer, and since I originally chose a very specific theme for this blog, I'm not exactly sure I can 'commute', so to speak.

Finally, I've got a nasty case of the anger burnout. I keep wanting to care, but part of me has been voting to just say screw it, nobody cares... I don't really buy what that voice is selling, but frankly, it gets hard to maintain a level of urgency that goes completely against an apathetic, unconcerned culture. So, while I'm not actually less frustrated and angry, I'm finding that maintaining a high volume setting has gotten harder and harder.

It's not permanent, I'm sure. I can't stay quiet for long. But I'm drained, and I need to get my voice back.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hear ya.. I've been slow blogging and I've noticed that I'm not as Angry sounding as I use to be... I'm just so busy. The noise of life is blocking out my deeper thoughts. I hope you get on the soap box again soon. Just remember to send me an updated title or link if you adjust to your new local..

11:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, you are burned out blowhard. shut the f*** up

9:56 PM  
Blogger Zafrod said...

Classy.

11:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home