Monday, October 17, 2005

50 Questions

1. What year was the best year of your life?
2004.

2. One animal or insect that Noah should have left off the ark?
I wish drowning on no animal… although my cat often tests my resolve.

3. Do you make a wish before blowing out your birthday candles?
Candles? Don’t get wax all over my cake.

4. Do you generally open your bills on the day that you receive them?
I pay everything online now. It is the best thing to come out of the internet.

5. How many pillows are on your bed?
Two.

6. Favorite ice cream flavor?
Vanilla, covered in a layer of pulverized chocolate chip cookies.

7. What is the most dominant color in your wardrobe?
Green

8. Have you ever seen a ghost?
Never seen one, no.

9. Would you rather go to a carnival or circus?
Oh, God, neither.

10. Favorite meal: breakfast, lunch, or dinner?
Dinner. The others tend to be repetitive and rushed.

11. Your favorite fictional animal?
Little Critter

12. Have you ever flown first-class?
Nope.

13. Would you go on a reality show?
It would have to have a really compelling premise. Just to eat bugs and bitch about everyone else? No.

14. Are you more optimistic or pessimistic about the future?
I’m cautiously pessimistic.

15. Pancakes or waffles?
Waffles.

16. If you could own a home anywhere in the world, where would it be?
I have not traveled enough to be able to answer this question definitively.

17. Your favorite Soup of the Day?
Italian Wedding.

18. What site is a must see for all visitors to your city?
“You Are Now Leaving Syracuse, NY.”

19. Can you recommend a good restaurant in your city?
The Bangkok Palace. Fantastic curry, and impeccable service.

20. You go to the zoo; What is the one animal that you want to see?
Turtles. I have a thing about turtles.

21. Potatoes, rice, or pasta; Which is your favorite?
Rice. Preferably with chicken gravy.

22. What is the best movie that you've seen this year?
I’m not sure… it hasn’t been a great year. To my shame, I have not yet seen Brokeback Mountain, though I suspect that’ll be the one.

23. One of your favorite books when you were a child?
The Hobbit. Harry Potter is for sissies.

24. What in your life are you most grateful for?
My wife, my family, my iPod, and free speech.

25. You are home alone and use the bathroom; do you close the door?
No. This would anger the cat, no matter which side she’s on.

26. What is your favorite small appliance?
Is an iPod an appliance? No? Well, I’m counting it anyway.

27. Salty snacks or sweet treats?
What is this hellish alternate reality in which one must choose?

28. Are you usually a little early, a little late, or right on time?
Early. Always. This drives my wife insane.

29. What is the most daring thing that you have ever done?
I ran into a burning house to save a small child. Okay, to save a dog. And the house wasn’t on fire. Actually, the dog was just standing there and I went over to pet it. Well, almost close enough to pet it, but it looked like it might bite.

30. Have you ever met someone famous?
I’ve met Alec Baldwin, Kim Bassinger, and Rebecca Gayheart.

31. What was one of your favorite games as a child?
Mousetrap ruled.

32. At what age have you looked your best?
28… just before I quit smoking.

33. One person that never fails to make you laugh?
David Cross

34. What was the first music that you ever bought?
I think it was “Use Your Illusions II” by Guns & Roses. I am not proud of this.

35. If you could change one thing about your family life when you were a child, what would it be?
I can’t think of anything offhand. I turned out okay.

36. What is the one thing that you cook that always receives compliments?
Peppered Pork Pitas. It’s all about the sauce.

37. From what news source do you receive the bulk of your news?
I employ a variety of sources. For convenience, CNN Online is my start-up page.

38. In the last calendar year, how many people have you told that you love them?
Two.

39. Who received your first kiss?
This is probably something I’m supposed to remember, but I don’t.

40. The single most important quality in a mate?
Intelligence.

41. What do you value most in a relationship?
Honesty.

42. Do you believe that you have a soulmate?
I don’t even really understand what that means. One person I’m destined to be with? No, I kinda think that’s a cop out for people looking for relationships that don’t involve work.

43. Do you consider yourself well organized?
Hahahahahahahaha… HA!

44. On average, how many times a day do you look at yourself in the mirror?
Once, to shave.

45. Did you ever make a prank phone call?
I grew up before caller ID. So, yes, often.

46. What one quality do you seek in a friend?
A fondness for engaging in conversation.

47. Have you ever killed an animal?
Not on purpose.

48. When you were twelve years old, what did you want to be when you grew up?
An actor.

49. Do you believe in an afterlife?
Yes.

50. What would you like to accomplish with the remaining years of your life?
I’m pretty sure I have a novel in me somewhere. I should probably have it surgically removed.